Country Living...Island Dreaming

January 26, 2011

Fabrics At My Feet

I came across these great Calico Corners fabrics the other day...


I am loving all the bright colors...so cheerful and kind of beachy!

They reminded me a lot of the colorful blankets some Caribbean hotels put at the foot of the beds...
Jade Mountain, St. Lucia

Jumby Bay, Antigua

Royal Palms, Turks and Caicos

Jumby Bay, Antigua again (yes, I have posted this picture before!)

Now, how great would it be to brighten up my bedroom with one of those fabrics?!!
Look at that wimpy little blanket I have on my bed! 
No wonder I sleep so well in my bed..it's so boring!
(On a side note, I was also thinking of wallpapering the wall behind the headboard...)

Maybe if I changed the duvet cover to something lighter, I could put a splash of color at the foot of my bed!   Of course I may end up having to move the area rug out too..we'll see!

What do you think?  Leave it calm and subtle, or shake it up a little in here?






SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Shake it up a little! Your bedroom is really nice as is and looks really large - but if you want a touch of the caribbean - I would change up and add some more vibrant colors in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelley, Your bedroom is beautiful! I agree with Debbie, shake it up girl! The bed has the island feel so go with it. I love the fabrics! New duvet? add some color to the walls or one wall, new drapes with any of those fabrics, would love super.Cover the bench at the end of the bed in a new fabric. The possiblities are endless! :-). Durham great furniture! Wish I could get my hands on your room! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your room just the way it is, especially your window treatments and furniture(and it DOES have that island look to it!) If you wanted to add caribbean color you have a great place to start! You can make changes that can be changed by season or whim...linens, curtains, rugs, accessories...without committing to paint or paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those fabrics are really pretty and full of energy. I recently injected color into my bedroom only to realize that I like it more on the neutral side and am now trying to change it back. My husband has pretty much given up on me :)

    -Rene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh honey, shake it up, let your love of the islands come shining through!

    I do love the first fabric swatch the best and I adore the look of the room in Jumby Bay. Now what kind of wallpaper are you looking at? I love wallpaper. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh those fabrics are just gorgeous! I really love the bright blues, especially thrown at the foot of an all-white bed! Love it.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to respond in a timely manner. If you click on the "Notify Me" button below your comment, you will be notified of follow up comments through email. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig