January 22, 2011

Did You Go?

Ok, who attended the Mount Gay Rum Round Barbardos Sailboat Race yesterday?
Anyone... anyone?  Uhh, me neither...
But...if I was lucky enough to go, and if I had $7000-10,000 a night, I might be staying in this amazing villa...
Cove Spring Villa (http://www.wheretostay.com/)
I love all the natural tones in this living area, the lantern, the touches of animal prints... so much light too.  I think I would miss the sailboat race because I would just want to hang out in the villa!
Amazing view from one of the many bedrooms!

You could probably just sit on this balcony and watch the race from here!

Or if I wanted to tone it down just a little, I might stay in this hotel...
Sandy Lane (from http://www.wheretostay.com/)
So peaceful and elegant.  This is where Tiger Woods had his wedding...(not like that comment is supposed to make the hotel more appealing!)

Or if I was a little more realistic, I might stay here...
Royal Pavilion (from http://www.wheretostay.com/)

Actually, I did stay there on my second trip to Barbados about 15 years ago and absolutely loved it!  This is how the hotel looked then:
This was the view of our balcony.

All the rooms overlook the beach!

Here is a pretty little courtyard area.

Beachfront dining.


Not only did I love the hotel, but I learned to waterski on that trip...
Look at that form!

I ate in some incredible restaurants like The Cliff .  Yes, this place is still one of the hottest restaurants.  It was amazing!

Check out this beach on the west side.


Bottom's Bay was one of the most picturesque beaches on the island!
Even with my old "film" camera, I was able to capture the beauty of it!  Since it was a little rough for swimming, we were just about the only people there.  Great place to just relax, read, have a picnic...

Barbados is awesome.  I have been there twice and after looking into again, I definitely want to go back.  You can read about my first vacation in Barbados HERE.

So anyway... back to the Sailing Race...I wonder who won?
Check out the race website at http://www.mountgayrumroundbarbadosrace.com/.

Have you been to Barbados or any island during any of their sailing races?







6 comments:

  1. Your pics are lovely and the Cove Spring Villa looks like perfection! I had a co-worker whose son was a musician who moved to Barbados to play at the resorts and ended up meeting & marrying a bajan girl(think thats how they referred to her..). I am pretty sure they married at the Cliff. Now she has to visit barbados yearly to see her kids and grandkids ~ not a bad situation! As for myself, I've never been, but it's definitely on our Travel-to list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I would love to visit Barbados every year! What a great situation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me want to go on a holiday. Great pics. And referring to your last post, I think I too have a magazine problem. I can't help it, I buy just about everything in the newsagency.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With all the snow piled up outside my house it was so refreshing to see some sunshine - even if it was in pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shelley

    We have never been to Barbados. It looks beautiful. If I ever win a lottery, I want this balcony with an ocean view. I love when you can bring indoor living so close to nature.
    Kinga

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbados is beautiful. I want so much to go back.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to get back to you in a timely manner through email. If I cannot reach you, I will reply in the comment section above. Thanks for stopping by!