November 17, 2010

Kinda Coastal Master Bedroom

Our Master Bedroom is still a work in progress but I am definitely leaning towards a coastal feel in here.  I would LOVE to rip out the carpet and put dark hardwood floors in here...unfortunately, my husband will never agree to that!


I am still thinking about replacing the picture over the bed.  (It just looks a little wimpy.)  The bed is from the Ethan Allen British Classics colletion.  I like the way it brings in a little Caribbean feel.  Also, the bench is from Ballard Designs - a long time ago.


The throw pillows are from Pottery Barn a couple years ago.


The chair - Ethan Allen, the dressers from Durham Furniture and the paint - Benjamin Moore, Linen White.


Of course we have to have a TV in here, where else can I relax with Nate or HGTV?  The plant hides the wires you might see when walking into the room.


And here I am, hiding more wires.


The curtains are from Country Curtains and I think the roman shades are Hunter Douglas.


I would like to replace this ceiling fan with something, maybe another fan with a more tropical look.  I love our tray ceiling though.  I have seen people put beadboard on these and love the look.  I am sure my  husband will not go for that..(see a trend here?)


See how great the fan could look with a different ceiling? 
(This is from the Regent Palms in Turks and Caicos.)


The entrance to the master bath where to beachy look continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to get back to you in a timely manner through email. If I cannot reach you, I will reply in the comment section above. Thanks for stopping by!