June 7, 2016

Summer Inspired Kitchen Table Setting

With this beautiful summer weather we are having, I thought it was time for a summer inspired table setting!

Summer Inspired Blue and White Table

Ever since I decorated the kitchen in Blue and White for Mother's Day, I have been wanting more blue in here.

Summer Table

After all, it does feel summery and gives that coastal inspired feel!

Coastal Inspired

Recently, I was fortunate to win a $100 gift card to TJMaxx/Homegoods from the blog, In My Own Style.  I used it to purchase these blue and white Ralph Lauren place mats...among other things!

Blue and White Place Setting

Yes, I have been quite lucky with giveaways lately!  I mentioned the other day that I also won the ebook, The Bloggers Guide to Copyright and Trademark Law - How to Protect Yourself and Enforce Your Rights written by Breighanne Eggert...which is a must read!  I highly recommend it!  With all this luck, maybe I should play the lottery!

Summer Table

Then I could buy more blue and white...lots of it.... 

White Kitchen decorated with blue and white for summer

Until recently, I hadn't been buying too many things - since we splurged on our kitchen remodel last year.  My husband is still recovering from that...financially and mentally...lol.

Coastal Inspired Table

Besides the place mats, I already owned the other pieces on the table.  The starfish add some coastal touches and always appear around the house this time of year.  Plain white napkins mixed with the textured napkin rings keep things casual.

Summer Table Setting Ideas

One of these days, I will get around to buying a new table and chairs.  These work for now.  Don't even get me started on the bar stools though.  Yes, I am still shopping for those!

Blue and White Place Setting

I use these rattan chargers from Pier One all the time...one of my smartest purchases.  They are so versatile and mix with almost any style.

Kitchen Views and Summer Decorating Ideas

I haven't grown tired of this view from the table yet.  This time last year, things were a bit torn apart!

Decorating for Summer


Coastal Decor and a Summer Kitchen Tour

I threw a little more blue and white on the counter with this tray from Homegoods...another one of my gift card purchases!

White Kitchen with Blue and White Accents for Summer

I hope you enjoyed my summer inspired kitchen table setting.  Expect to see more blue and white in my kitchen from now on and stop by tomorrow to see how I updated this look for the 4th of July!  You know it's practically around the corner!  You can now see that post - HERE.

What are your ideas for a summer inspired table?
Summer Table Setting - Ideas to decorate with blue and white for a coastal summer look.

Linking to:
Savvy Southern Style - Wow Us Wednesdays
My Life Abundant - Wednesday Blog Hop
The NY Melrose Family - Whimsy Wednesdays
A Savory Feast - The Wednesday Showcase
DIY by Design - Swing into Spring Party
A Delightsome Life - Home and Garden Thursday
Peeking Thru the Sunflowers - Share Your Style
In the New House - Inspiration Thursday
Poofing the Pillows - Thoughts of Home Thursday
Pieced Pastimes - Saturday Sparks
The Dedicated House - Anything Blue Friday
Shabbyfufu - Share it One More Time Inspiration
My Husband Has Too Many Hobbies - Snickerdoodle Sunday
Virginia Sweet Pea - Best of the Weekend
Coastal Charm - Show and Share
Dwellings - Amaze Me Monday
Sand and Sisal - Inspire Me Monday
Cedar Hill - The Scoop
A Stroll Thru Life - Inspire Me Tuesday
French Country Cottage - Feathered Nest Friday
From Gardners 2 Bergers - The Handmade Hangout
Craftberry Bush - Inspiration Gallery
Domestic Charm - The Creative Circle
That DIY Party - DIY Showoff
Imparting Grace - Grace at Home
The Kim Six Fix - You're Gonna Love It
Between Naps on the Porch - Tablescape Thursday


17 comments:

  1. Love this, so pretty. I love the subtle coastal feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelley, I am all shades of green with envy...I knew those placemats were RL as soon as I spotted them. The rattan chargers are perfect with them. Just stunning and lucky you on the win! Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelley, congrats on your winning streak. I love all things blue and white, can never seem to get enough of its classic beauty. Love your table setting, as well as your kitchen! Happy Wednesday! Pam @ Everyday Living

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelley... your tablesetting is stunning. I am now going to go out and hit every Homegoods in Mass. to find those placemats. Love the shells and starfish. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blue and white that always fees like Summer to me! I know its summer here whenI break out my chinoiserie outdoor plates form The Enchanted Home, mixed with candles and round woven chargers.. I love your starfish details! xo K

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a pretty, summer-y table setting!! I love the details with the shells and starfish! Hope you are having a great week! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those placemats! They really set the scene for your lovely summer tablescape. Your beautiful kitchen remodel is the perfect backdrop to dine by...fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your table is perfectly summery! Those placemats are gorgeous and work perfectly with your dishes. I giggled a little about knowing that you have to let your husband recover. Isn't that the truth? We learn these things with time.

    I hope you'll join us for TOHOT today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your tablescape. So inviting. Visiting today from Thoughts of Home. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love blue too... it is such a calm, happy color. Love the placemats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful table for summer. I love the touches of blue. Thank you for so faithfully joining us at Thoughts of Home on Thursday. You are a treasured blogging friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing your lovely summer table at Thoughts of Home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Shelley, Your table setting is beautiful - I especially liked the placemats and the rattan chargers! Your kitchen is wonderful! Blessings, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great table setting. And I love the blue paisley placemats! Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful- I love those placemats! 💕

    ReplyDelete
  16. Shelley,
    Love the simplistic styling with cool hues of blue and white, dear one!
    Those rattan chargers are amazing for an added layer of texture!
    Lovely Summer inspired tablescape!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your kitchen. Looks great. I understand and feel your pain getting over it. It does take something out of you. It's been a year since we finished ours so I relate.
    How lucky you have been. I like the placemats you bought and your tablescape. I am a great fan of blue and white.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to get back to you in a timely manner through email. If I cannot reach you, I will reply in the comment section above. Thanks for stopping by!