So, I whipped out my sewing machine...ha ha ha...yeah, like that would happen. I can't sew to save my life.
Let me start again...So, last night I hopped in my car and drove to the store to see what I could find. I was pleasantly surprised to find a red superhero-type mask in Walmart. After rummaging through the store a bit more, I found a long sleeve blue shirt in the exact blue I was looking for and a pair of red gloves. I still needed a vest to complete the look...
Please note this post contains affiliate links, which means I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking my links.
The silver vest above, started out red. I found it this morning at the Oshkosh outlet for $7.00!
I thought I had some silver tape left over from one of our cardboard boat races but I picked up a roll anyway. All I did was cover the puffer vest with the tape while leaving some of the red showing. I drew some black lines with a Sharpie, taped on a Henry Danger logo from the internet and I was done with the vest. I added a pair of red pants and some boots and we were set for Halloween!
Here is what Henry Danger (aka Kid Danger) looks like if you don't know the show...
And here is our version...
Watch out Henry Danger, there's a new "kid" in town!
The costume was easy, cheap and did not involve any sewing!
Here is a list of sources:
- Mask - Walmart $1.98 (similar)
- Blue Shirt - Walmart $6.96 (similar)
- Red Gloves - Walmart $2.00 (similar)
- Red Puffer Vest - Oshkosh B'gosh Outlet $7.00 (HERE -If you can't find one in the outlet)
- Red pants - Oshkosh B'gosh Outlet $10.00
- Black rubber boots - Walmart (had already purchased for a class science/river trip) $15.00
- Black belt - very old from my closet (free)
- Duct Tape - Walmart $3.37
- Kid Danger Logo - printed from internet (free)
If you have kids,
what are they wearing this Halloween?