May 21, 2014

Good Luck Bad Luck Weekend

So here I am on Wednesday, writing about the previous weekend.  
I guess I am a little behind on things this week!  

My weekend was a series of good luck/bad luck events.

Bad Luck - Saturday morning my 7 year old's baseball game was cancelled because the fields were still wet.  (Well, I guess that's not really a terrible thing but he was disappointed).

Good Luck- The kids and I were able to plow through a ton of weeding and then went for a bike ride around the neighborhood.  Oh and yes, I bought my new bike!  You can read about the events leading up to that here - The Frankenbike Story.  My older son still had his afternoon game because by then the field was dry...and his team won!

Bad Luck - Sunday morning one of my best friends and I headed over to the Mansion in May Designer Showhouse.  We figured if we arrived when it opened at 10:00 am, most people would still be in church and we could leisurely browse through the 62,000 square foot mansion.

Not the case...
The shuttle bus from the parking lot dropped us off to this!

I was dressed in a springy outfit with no jacket so I wasn't thrilled about waiting outside in the shade.  I guess I overestimated how warm it would be that day.  It took us about a half hour to get to those stairs you see on the right.  


By this point, a few people got impatient and left.  During our wait, a tour guide tried to keep us all occupied by giving a talk about the history of the Mansion.  She commented on the long line but assured us that the wait is usually about 40 minutes from that staircase on the right.  After 40 minutes, we hadn't moved much and decided to bail for the day.  Both of us had additional plans for the afternoon and knew we could always come back another day in May.  (The tickets are good for the whole month.)  We scurried over to the arriving shuttle bus and hopped on while laughing about the ridiculous amount of time we just wasted.  

Good Luck - After the line-waiting-morning, I drove down to meet my family at the Somerset Patriots baseball game and won the 50/50 raffle ticket!  $312.00!  The funny thing was, I knew I was going to win.  I have this sixth sense about those type of things.  As soon as I looked at my tickets, I just knew.  Weird.  Anyway, we all enjoyed a nice afternoon of baseball!

Bad Luck - My 10 year old son's allergies were acting up Sunday night and he was up half the night coughing.  He was running a slight fever 99.2 so I kept him home Monday.  

Good Luck - After resting in the morning, my son was feeling a little better so we spent the whole day together talking, watching TV, having lunch and just enjoying some quality time.  

As I type this post, I realize that none of these events could even be considered bad luck.  I mean really, what am I complaining about?!!  Even waiting in line and leaving wasn't that bad - plus we will have a funny story to tell and something else to laugh about!  And I did get to spend a few hours catching up with my friend.  Perspective...

So maybe, I should just change this post to the Good Luck/Good Luck Weekend!  Life is too short to complain about the little things!

How has your luck been?

4 comments:

  1. I was just about to say the same thing Shelley, your week still went pretty well I think! My lucks been ok I guess, nothing like your good lucks, but nothing bad either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perspective is everything, right? Sounds like overall, you came out with more tallies in the good column! Thanks for sharing at Fridays Unfolded!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where have you been? I say overall you are just fine...more good! Have a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable park Love all the colours and fabulous details. Great job!inspiring-garden

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to get back to you in a timely manner through email. If I cannot reach you, I will reply in the comment section above. Thanks for stopping by!