Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Earth Day

Happy Earth Day everyone!

On this Earth Day, I thought I would share some pictures
I took a few years ago in beautiful Woodstock, VT.  
Woodstock Vermont
Not only is Vermont one of my favorite places to visit but I have always been impressed with the state's commitment to the environment.  Vermont is known for being one of the healthiest states and now they are on their way to becoming the first state to pass mandatory GMO Labeling Laws!  You can read more about that here - Huffington Post - Mandatory GMO Labeling Bill Passed In Vermont Senate, Could Be Nation's First.  If you read my blog, you know that I try to avoid eating GMO foods as much as possible so I am thrilled that they are paving the way for other states.

Billings Farm and Museum
These photos were taken when we visited a working dairy farm -Billings Farm and Museum.  We toured the grounds, witnessed an afternoon milking session and learned about the farm's sustainability practices.  The day was educational for the kids and for us!

Vermont Vacation
If you are ever in the Woodstock, VT area, you should make it a priority to stop by Billings Farm for a lesson in Vermont history and culture.  After visiting, you will feel like you experienced the "true" Vermont!

Click on any of the links below to see more Vermont posts.

Vermont Ski Weekend
Vermont Vacation
Quintessential New England Town
Weekend in Vermont

Later today, the boys and I are heading to an Earth Day event at their school.  

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful scenery & love that little cow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite places! I took my girls all the time when they were young and when my sister visited from England last year it was the first place I wanted her little ones to see.
    xo,
    Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a baby cow - it is SO stinking cute!!!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

    Ahhhhh . . . beautiful!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful place! Would love to visit there if I didn't live so far away!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to get back to you in a timely manner...although sometimes it may take a couple days!

Every now and then when I am getting too many spam messages, I stop allowing anonymous comments - sorry about that if you are having trouble!