January 29, 2014

GE Reveal Light Bulb Makeover (with Coupons!)

Disclosure: GE Lighting sent me a 4-pack of GE reveal® 75W halogen light bulbs free of charge but I was not compensated in any other way.  All opinions are 100% my own.

Recently, I was asked to do a lighting makeover using the new GE reveal® light bulbs.  I must say I was a little nervous since this was my first "real" review on the blog.  Sure, I give my opinion about products all the time but they have always been products that I regularly use.  So, before I received the bulbs, I researched the GE Lighting website and was excited to learn that the new GE reveal® light bulbs use 28% less energy verses their incandescent counter parts.  That was an important feature for me but I was really interested to see how the new bulbs would look in my house.

I will let you be the judge!...

Lighting Before and After
Ta da!  You can definitely see the difference between the yellow light from the old bulb on the left and the clean white light from the GE reveal® light bulb on the right!  These photos were not altered (except to add the blog watermark and "Before" and "After") and very clearly show the difference between the two bulbs.  Seriously, don't you just love how the new bulb looks?!!  It actually brings new life to the lamp I bought from Target last spring!

The walls in my room are Bone White but in the picture with the old bulb (on left), the walls look very yellow.  The GE reveal® bulb (on right) makes the room seem so fresh, crisp and even brighter!  It actually gives my room more of a daylight feel compared to the tired yellow light from before.  With the dreary winter we have been having, it's like a breath of fresh air to have some bright, cheerful lighting in my home!



Anyway, the bulbs I received for review provide lighting which is equivalent to a 75 watt incandescent bulb, but they only use 53 watts per bulb.


Here are some more quick facts (via the GE Lighting website) about the GE Reveal Light Bulbs :
  • These bulbs bring out the colors and patterns that may normally go unnoticed under standard incandescent light.
  • They bring the true beauty of your home to life by filtering out the dingy yellow tones unlike standard incandescent bulbs.
  • The color-enhanced full spectrum light bulbs make your whites appear whiter, reds redder, and allow patterns throughout your home to “pop”.
  • These light bulbs are designed to use 28% less energy than standard incandescent bulbs.
  • Up to 80% energy savings compared to incandescent bulbs.

I would definitely recommend GE reveal® bulbs to anyone who wants a more naturally lit home.  Now that I have tried one in my Target lamp, I am ready to start switching the rest of my bulbs around the house!

And speaking of Target...
Check out Target’s Cartwheel app for 25% off GE reveal light bulbs. Just search “GE reveal” to find it. Offer expires 2/28.

AND...
You can also print the following coupon:
$2 off GE reveal at Target -  Expires 2/8
Now you have no excuse not to check out these awesome light bulbs yourself!  You can read even more about them at

www.gelighting.com/reveal
Have you tried the new GE reveal® bulbs?  


12 comments:

  1. You really can see a difference. Funny I am going to be reviewing another light bulb brand soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so many wonderful new lighting options, I do love the white light and I have just tried some pink lighting for a tablescape, so pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new light bulbs make quite a difference. Thanks for sharing the Target coupons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to get on the band wagon and try the " new" light bulbs out there but so far have not found any I like. I have wasted so much money trying to find the right bulbs it is ridiculous and some of them are not so cheap! I am going to try the ones you reviewed because they look like they offer the same amount of light as the old bulb.
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the info. and review as I have been apprehensive to try these new bulbs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tip....and that lamp is GORG!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lightbulbs really do make SUCH a difference, and this is proof!!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love reveal bulbs, they do make such a difference. Easier to read under one too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am amazed to see the difference!! I am definitely going to try them. Thank you for such a great review, and for posting the Target coupons and app. I am a Cartwheel user at Target too, and I am always thrilled to see extra savings at the register!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post, Shelley! I really dislike yellow light bulbs, so these are right up my alley. Glad you shared them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool! Thanks for the info Shelley!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The difference is very noticeable. I usually prefer using a dimmer yellow lighting for the bedroom, since it’s darker and thus encourages sleep. But in your case, I guess the dreary winter is enough to do that job. I hope this white light is enough to bring a cheerful glow into your home to go against the gloomy weather.

    Bryan Hubbard @ Douthit Electrical

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to get back to you in a timely manner through email. If I cannot reach you, I will reply in the comment section above. Thanks for stopping by!