November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

Is everyone else experiencing a chilly Thanksgiving?
It was about 28 degrees here in NJ when we woke up.

I wanted to stop in to wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving!
This is how our table looks this morning.
It is a revised version of my Fall Table Setting
that I showed you last month.

With the extra leaf in the table, the card table extension on the end
and the extra folding chairs,
I couldn't make the table as pretty
(not enough chargers or place mats).
But it is set for a huge family dinner
and that it what Thanksgiving is all about!

I hope you all are enjoying the day with family and loved ones.

I am cooking up a storm...
well actually I did most of it already or I wouldn't be on here,
but that turkey still has to go in!

My husband is in charge of keeping the kids busy most of the day though.  It has always been tradition to run/walk the local Turkey Trot but with these chilly temperatures, everyone bailed out on that plan!

I will though, be sending my husband on his annual last minute run to the grocery store.  Every year, I realize I need an extra ingredient or two so I send him out with a little list so he can wait in line with the rest of the husbands.  He secretly enjoys this and he always comes home with some silly story about how crazy it was or he couldn't believe how many people he ran into.  Even if I don't really need something, I send him out in search of something just so he can partake in his annual tradition!  

Anyway, once again, enjoy your day!

I am feeling so thankful for my wonderful family and friends and
I am thankful for all of you
and this crazy fun blogging journey!

Cheers Everyone!
- Shelley


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to get back to you in a timely manner through email. If I cannot reach you, I will reply in the comment section above. Thanks for stopping by!