Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Aunt Lillian's Corn Bread

If you are looking for an easy Thanksgiving side dish,
I have a great recipe for you!

Every year someone in our family makes the corn bread
passed down from Aunt Lillian.

Her cornbread has always been a Thanksgiving tradition
and I thought I would share the recipe with you.


Aunt Lillian's Corn Bread


1  8 oz. box of corn muffin mix
2  beaten eggs
1  8 1/2 oz can of cream corn
1  8 1/2 oz can of corn (drained)
1  cup sour cream

Mix all above.  
Add 1/2 cup melted butter.  
Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes in a greased pan.
(very moist)

My sister-in-law is bringing the corn bread this year...but next year I may work on a GMO-free version!  

This corn bread was just one of the many family recipes
that my sister-in-law copied down for me.
She included it in a family recipe book
given to me at my bridal shower.
I have referred to this book countless times over the years.
After all, you really don't want to mess with family traditions!

I better get back to work...
Right now I am in the midst of
Thanksgiving-preparation-craziness around here.

I just finished polishing the silver using this method- HERE
and I am starting the cranberry sauce in a few minutes.

Do you follow the same recipes each year or do you mix it up?


Linking to:

4 comments:

  1. I love good cornbread especially on cold nights with a bowl of chili. Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That recipe sounds delicious! Family recipes are the best. But what is even better is having a sister in law who would write them all down for you. That is awesome. We usually stick to the same menu every holiday in our family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta try this, maybe next time though since I'm up to my neck on the other stuff for tomorrow! have a happy thanksgiving Shelley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds delicious! I love corn bread!

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to get back to you in a timely manner...although sometimes it may take a couple days!

Every now and then when I am getting too many spam messages, I stop allowing anonymous comments - sorry about that if you are having trouble!