August 12, 2013

A Few Random Comments

We spent this past weekend at the beach.
More and more businesses are open
and judging by the traffic on the Garden State Parkway yesterday,
things are getting back to normal.

So while I get through this pile of laundry
and keep the kids occupied,
I have a few comments to make:

1.  Since I follow many of my favorite blogs on Bloglovin now, I have noticed that sometimes I have trouble leaving comments when I link to the blog from the Bloglovin site.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Has anyone had this problem on my blog?

2.  My kids were bitten by a ton of mosquitoes over the weekend.  We tried some home remedies like applying ice and swabbing alcohol on the bites.  Both helped.  Well, the alcohol stung at first but worked temporarily.  Then my mother in law remembered she read somewhere about rubbing the inside skin of a banana on the bites.  Well sure enough, it worked pretty well.  My kids were a little slimy but not as itchy!  What is your best mosquito bite remedy?

3.  I mentioned a few weeks ago that we attended the filming of a Travel Channel segment at the Jersey Shore.  My kids and I were followed by the cameras a bit and we have been looking forward to watching the episode to see if we made it through the editing process!  Originally, the show was supposed to air tonight at 10:00 p.m. Eastern time on the show, Hotel Impossible.  According to the website, it looks as though they chose a different episode to air tonight and "ours" should be on next Monday.  I will remind you again next week so you can look out for my TV debut - lol!

So that's about it for now.  I hope you all have a great week!


4 comments:

  1. Hi there friend.. Yes I also have a hard time leaving comments on some blogs through Bloglovin.. You have to click out of the Bloglovin frame in order to leave a comment and I don't think I've ever had it happen on your blog...

    Mosquito bites, hmmm when I was a kid and even still now we never put anything on them. We would take our fingenail and press HARD and X in the middle of it.. Usually always stopped the itch for some reason... I like to banana peel idea though!..and 3.. Woohoo can't wait to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep I've had the bloglovin problem on other blogs but only from my iPhone app. Sorry I'm not more helpful. As of the mosquito bite remedy thank you so much…we are always getting bit at the lake.

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you enjoyed the shore, minus the mesquitoes! It's sad that their tourist business is way down when they need the revenue so much. My folks went to Atlantic City and alot of the restaurants, etc. were closed. I pray they get back on their feet soon.
    xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will take slimy over itchy any day! But I've certainly never heard of that remedy before! Please do remind us about the show next Monday! I definitely want to watch it…oh, wait…we will be on our 30th Anniversary trip..our anniversary is actually that Monday! Maybe I will tevo it! Anyway, glad I saw this and hope you are having a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to get back to you in a timely manner through email. If I cannot reach you, I will reply in the comment section above. Thanks for stopping by!