July 30, 2013

Antigua on The Bachelorette

In case you missed last night's episode,
I will fill you in...

Des and her 3 remaining men 
headed to the Caribbean island of Antigua.

Antigua is part of the Leeward Islands
and is known as a popular sailing destination.
The island hosts the world famous Antigua Sailing Week each spring
which we were lucky enough to observe several years ago.
Antigua is also known for breathtaking beaches
and all-inclusive luxury resorts.

While on the island, Des stayed at


Now that's a view I wouldn't mind seeing everyday!

And as you might have guessed,
the hotel is offering 
How fun it would be to stay in one of these cute cottages!

It appeared that the men,
well at least Brooks,
stayed at the
St. James Club
Nice traditional island rooms!

source
Yeah, I could stay there too!

Too bad such a beautiful place could be the setting for so much sadness for Des.  Last night she had her heart broken (which was apparent in the previews so it's not like I am giving anything away!).  I thought the show spent way too much time focusing on the crying and the sad conversation.  Not only was the "break-up" difficult to watch but how heartbreaking for her that the whole thing was filmed for television!

Anyway, if you missed last night's episode, you will get another chance to view more Caribbean loveliness next Monday.  You can watch the saga unfold on the beautiful island of Antigua.  You know I will be watching!  If you need even more of an Antigua fix, head over to read about Jumby Bay where I stayed during part of my vacation in Antigua. We also stayed at Curtain Bluff, but for some reason, I never wrote about that...I will have to do that!

Did you watch the Bachelorette last night?
Have you been to Antigua?

2 comments:

  1. It is one of my now not secret pleasures! Now the question, does she go on home broken hearted, which we are led to believe, stay single forever, or take a second choice on the rebound.

    A gorgeous setting!.

    xoxo
    Karena
    2013 Designer Series

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I can comment again! I don't watch much TV but this is the one must see show every week! I would love to visit there, so dreamy. Do you visit Reality Steve's blog? OK don't visit if you don't want to know how it all ends but she does get a happy ending :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to get back to you in a timely manner through email. If I cannot reach you, I will reply in the comment section above. Thanks for stopping by!