June 25, 2013

Simple Summer Salads - Arugula 3 Ways

I could eat arugula everyday.
Actually, I practically do.

In the summer, when I don't feel like cooking as much
an arugula salad can make a great lunch...or dinner!
Simple Summer Salads - 3 Ways to do arugula

After playing around with many different combinations, I have come up with my 3 favorites. (in no particular order)...

"The Mango"
Mango and Arugula Salad
Arugula, mango, avocado and goat cheese sprinkled with sliced almonds.  Splash on some olive oil and lime juice to make it a refreshing summer salad!  This salad also uses some ingredients from my favorite Mango Avocado Salsa.  Just make sure you use a ripe mango because the mango is really the star of this one!

"The Cranberry"
Cranberry and Arugula Salad
Arugula with dried cranberries, feta cheese, walnuts and olive oil.

And if you want more of an Italian spin...
"The Parm"
Arugula Salad with Parmesan
You can't go wrong with Arugula, tomatoes, shaved Parmesan Cheese, toasted pine nuts with lemon and olive oil.  I am not a huge fan of dressings, but my husband likes it with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

If you want to turn any of these salads into more of a main course, you can add grilled chicken or shrimp.

You might have noticed I didn't give measurements for any of the ingredients.  Just cut up the amount you like and throw it in!
It's summer - get out of the kitchen and enjoy!

What do you like in your arugula salad?
I would love for you follow along so you don't miss a post!

3 Simple Ways to Make an Arugula Salad - Perfect for Summer

7 comments:

  1. I love arugula, too and just bought some today. Darn, forgot the parmesan. Must go back. I love the last one you made and need to try your others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those all look amazing, Shelley, and I'm not even the biggest fan of arugula! I might have to give it another go - the mango salad looks amazing!! Actually all three do!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love arugula, and light, easy salads for summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love arugula too, and it's not only delicious, it makes a pretty salad. Your photos prove that. Great ideas for making some interesting salads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A favorite summer meal for me. Love a cranberry salad!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look absolutely delicious! Thank you so much for sharing! I love cranberries in salads.

    Happy Fourth to you!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow those salads look AMAZING! Thanks doe sharing at the DIY Sunday Showcase! Jen

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to get back to you in a timely manner through email. If I cannot reach you, I will reply in the comment section above. Thanks for stopping by!