June 5, 2013

A Quick Peek and World Environment Day

When we painted my office,
I also got the bright idea to paint my laundry room.
I was getting a little tired of the dark Providence Olive walls...
While I did love the way the Providence Olive looked,
I wanted something a little brighter in here.

I decided on Navajo White by Benjamin Moore.
Here is a peek of the room with the new color...
(and the edge of the new clock)

At first I panicked and thought I went too light and boring.  I actually cried.  I know...pathetic.  But now it has grown on me and as I have added back the accessories, I am liking the color more and more.

As soon as I add everything else back, I will give you a full reveal.  

And since today is World Environment Day, I thought I would mention that we used No-VOC paints to paint my laundry room and my office.  Benjamin Moore makes a line called Ultra Spec 500 which is cheaper than their Natura line and supposedly just as good.  As long as it is NO VOC, I am happy!


Like I said,
As soon as I actually finish the laundry room tweaking,
 I will give you more than just a peek.  

Have you done any painting lately?

Linking to:

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty!! Love how it "brightened" up the space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like brighter paint. I like what you've done and I really like those baskets up above the cabinets.


    Our house is painted with a color called "Caravan" it is too dark for me. However, the ceiling is so high I'm not sure how we'll paint it all without professional help. One room at a time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new lighter and brighter look and I LOVE your beadboard ceiling!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh can't wait for the big reveal!!

    Ali of

    Dressing Ken

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cry all the time after I paint! I read once "The rooms you lose the most sleep over come out the best," and I think it's true. I can't wait to see it all finished - i love Navajo White
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love,love, LOVE it! I always advise clients to live with new choices for 3 days. Sometimes people just need a bit of time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The room looks great!

    I love the baskets!!

    Have a blessed and wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to get back to you in a timely manner through email. If I cannot reach you, I will reply in the comment section above. Thanks for stopping by!