April 26, 2013

Opinions Please

Happy Friday everyone!

Once again I have a question for you all.  
(Ya'll for you southerners).

As I mentioned in my previous post, I am tackling the next project in my home!  Hurray!  I am getting ready to make a decision on my hardwood floors for my office.  I am most likely going with a hickory in a medium stain or a white oak in a medium stain such as gunstock.  I know, it doesn't seem like I have really made a decision yet, but I am close.  I just have to bring home the samples to decide.

Anyway, I was wondering about shoe molding vs. quarter round.

As you can see, we have the quarter round in my living room.

We also have it our dining room.
The quarter round is stained to match the floor.  

The installer asked it I wanted my office to have the quarter round
or the white shoe molding to match the base molding.

miscellaneous - Benjamin Moore - Smoke - suzie,
source - decor pad
Here is a picture of white shoe molding.
(With a gorgeous color on the wall, I might add!)

You can't see my office from the other two rooms so I don't think mine has to be the same.  Is the quarter round dated?  After all, we have been here 14 years.  I kind of like the idea of the white shoe molding, plus I think it is easier for him to paint it instead of staining it.  My office will not be a high traffic area so it's not like it will get scuffed up.  Then again, who is scuffing up their molding anyway?  It's not like we are running into walls around here or anything!  (Just bouncing off them!)

What do you think?
Quarter round or white shoe molding?
What do you have?
Does it really matter?
Am I obsessing over something trivial and silly?
Am I silly?
Do I need more caffeine today?

Thanks and have a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Both are nice, but I personally like the painted white molding to match.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree painted white, yay for getting closer to your decision! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the white, it makes the molding look even richer I think. Looking forward to seeing what you choose for your flooring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it would look great white. We have ours painted white and it looks so nice against our hardwood floors:)
    Shannon@CozyCountryLiving

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the shoe molding, looks more up to date. I should eat my words since I have alot of quarter-round here, but if I was redoing I would remove it all! Good luck.
    xo Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I switched to shoe molding - BUT it collects dust ( a lot more than quarter round anyway )
    I love that wall color too!!!
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the painted white shoe molding… I think it looks beautiful against hardwood floors and any color you choose for the walls. Good luck making your decision!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to get back to you in a timely manner through email. If I cannot reach you, I will reply in the comment section above. Thanks for stopping by!