Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Laundry Room Tweaking

I am enjoying so many of the One Room Challenge posts these past few weeks.  I love to see the progress of all the rooms coming together week by week.  It has motivated me to focus a little more on one room instead of bouncing all over!


I mentioned recently that my laundry room clock broke and I planned to replace it.  That of course got me thinking about some other areas of the laundry room that have to be worked on.  It's always a snowball effect, isn't it?
Anyway, I ordered a new clock.  Actually, this was the second one I ordered.  It's really not that easy to find a simple black clock with a white face in the 10-14" inch range and at a reasonable price.  Most are really huge or really deep.  I have to be careful with the depth because how the cabinet door opens in that spot.  The first one did not work out so I just found this one at Overstock.  I am waiting for it to arrive.

Then I found some adorable numbered baskets at Homegoods.
The baskets should help with some storage as well as being decorative.
I will show you where I put them as soon as I hang the new clock.

I also replaced this sorry little plastic garbage can.


This stainless one is much nicer looking
plus it prevents Rosie from stealing dryer sheets out of the trash!
Oh, and Rosie says hello.  She misses being the star of the Weekend Pupdates!

To keep my husband's running shoes out of the way...
We have been utilizing this basket
and he has been surprisingly cooperative about it!
Wait till he sees what else I have in store for this area!
I have to take baby steps with him
 so he can have time to adjust to things!

Anyway, if all goes as planned,
this fabric will be involved.

But don't expect any miracles.
I can't sew to save my life!

Hopefully I will have a true before and after to show you.
Then in a few months after I decide I also want to repaint the room,
there will be a whole new round of befores and afters.
It could go on forever!

Have you been focusing on one room lately?

Linking to:

16 comments:

  1. Your changes look great! Love the wall colour in your room. We just finished painting our laundry room last night so I can't wait to get in there today and hang things up.....think I will add a clock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andrea. The wall color is Benjamin Moore Providence Olive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see what the finished room looks like! Mine is a mess and I think your room is about as big as mine and I also LOVE the wall color.. Did you pain the cabinets or were they originally white? You're inspiring me to give my laundry room a make over which it certainly needs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your laundry room looks amazing. LOVE those numbered basktrs you found! they are perfect-o!

    hugs x
    Crystelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post and wonderful ideas! I love the stainless trashcan! My rosie sneaks the dryer sheets out as well! I also love the color of the walls like someone else said! Great looking laundry room! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My laundry really needs to be decorated! I love all your choices and especially the cute basket.
    xx, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo, love those baskets...and the clock!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great find from HomeGoods and that fabric will be so pretty in there! I'm the worst at focusing on one room!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving all the updates you made! It's a nice sophisticated update!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Small tweaks can have a big impact. Love that buffalo check fabric and I'm curious to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm curious to see what I do with it too...ha ha...

      Delete
  11. nice! i really loove those wire baskets!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great retweaking! Loved the wire basket idea. Please link it up to my party. http://houseofthriftydecor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love, love, love your ceiling and light fixture...your new accessories just add to this fabulous room (if a laundry can be fab!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking good. Getting your husband to put his shoes in a basket is huge! The wire baskets are so nice, too.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to get back to you in a timely manner...although sometimes it may take a couple days!

Every now and then when I am getting too many spam messages, I stop allowing anonymous comments - sorry about that if you are having trouble!