Saturday, December 15, 2012

Sadness

My kids have no idea about what happened in Connecticut yesterday.  If it were up to me, they would never know.  But I am sure at some point over the next few days, they will hear something or one of their friends will tell them.  At that point, we will have the conversation.

But until then, I want them to enjoy the magical time of Christmas.  I want them to be kids.  I want them to be silly and fight with each other and play and laugh.  I want to take them to pick out a Christmas tree and laugh when Daddy can't get the thing to stand up straight in the stand.  I want them to help me bake cookies and try to eat the dough when I tell them not to.  I am going to appreciate these moments more than ever.

I am crying as I write this because there are families out there who want more than anything to enjoy these simple activities with their children.  Those precious, innocent little children.  I cannot even begin to imagine what those families are going through.  That town will never be the same.  There will be healing and forgiveness but no one will ever forget this.

My thoughts and prayers go out to those dear families.  My heart breaks for you.


3 comments:

  1. And at this time of year is especially sad. As a teacher, how do we prepare for this kind of nonsense. I cannot even imagine. Prayers and thoughts to all affected. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard to make sense of it all…..but it certainly puts into perspective what really matters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right, Shelley. I just have faith that Jesus has those little ones wrapped in his arms in heaven right now. God bless those that gave their lives to protect the children. Such a hard time grasping the whole situation.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to get back to you in a timely manner...although sometimes it may take a couple days!

Every now and then when I am getting too many spam messages, I stop allowing anonymous comments - sorry about that if you are having trouble!