Thursday, November 29, 2012

Clean Grout Once Again

Awhile back,
I wrote a post about how I clean my ceramic tile grout.

Well, after some time,
(and a messy Thanksgiving)
I decided to splurge on getting my grout professionally cleaned.

The method I used in the past is fine for small sections,
but let me tell you, it was a lot of work to do a whole room!

This time I called Stanley Steemer.
My neighbor just used them and was very happy with the results.

 Here are a couple 'before' pictures...

I know, it's kind of hard to tell how dirty the floor is.
(I don't know why my walls looks so yellow?!!)
They are Benjamin Moore Monroe Bisque but you'd never know!

Here are some better examples of the grime...
Gross.

Embarrassing.


And here is what the tile looked like afterwards...
Hurray!

Shiny and new looking!

Pretty nice huh?
(Rosie likes it too!)

Stanley Steemer cleans the grout and then applies a sealer.  There is a huge difference in price between the clear sealer and a colored sealer.  People tend to go for the colored sealer if the grout doesn't clean well and looks uneven.  Thankfully, mine cleaned up really well plus I told them when they gave me the estimate that there was absolutely no way I would be paying for the colored sealer!  Sure, it is supposed to last 4 or 5 years and is waterproof, but I just couldn't justify spending that much.  Plus my husband was traveling yesterday and didn't even know I was having the floor done.  I don't think he would have enjoyed coming home to a huge bill!  And by the way, I was not compensated in any way to mention Stanley Steemer.  I am just giving you my honest opinion about hiring them.

But I must say, I am thrilled!
I am also embarrassed that I went as long as I did.
Now that the grout is really clean, 
I realized how dirty it was before!

And I also realized I desperately need
 to repaint the baseboards!
Why does every project have to
open a can of worms?

How do you clean your grout?

4 comments:

  1. Wow, they did a great job. I can see the difference. Yea, I wouldn't pay a bunch for sealer either. It is easy to do yourself and doesn't cost much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Worth the money to let someone else do the "dirty" work:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine don't need it, yet anyway, but I will keep Stanley Steemer in mind. Your floors look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are they good option for cleaning and sealing as I am having a concrete floor. Can they remove concrete stains as well.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to get back to you in a timely manner...although sometimes it may take a couple days!

Every now and then when I am getting too many spam messages, I stop allowing anonymous comments - sorry about that if you are having trouble!