July 19, 2012

A Week of Reviews - A Book

Yes, a book.
Not as action packed as my last few posts,
but after that whirlwind of a weekend,
do you think I would have enough energy
(or money) to be reviewing any more restaurants, concerts or shows?
As Kevin would say in Home Alone..."I don't think so!"

I recently read Father-mucker by Greg Olear.
  It was not a book I would have normally chosen myself
 but we were reading it for my book club
so I was willing to give it a go. 


I was glad I did.
The book was quite entertaining and hilarious at times!

Basically, it is a story written about one day
in the life of a stay at home screenwriter dad
while his wife is away on business.

He manages to be sensitive
yet lighthearted and sarcastic at the same time.
The dad describes his observations
while taking you through his thought process
and revealing his insecurities.

He is stuck taking his children to play dates
and befriending the stay at home moms
in his suburban upstate New York neighborhood.

Just like all of us parents,
he really is trying his best.
He can appreciate the really good moments
yet has to deal with the day to day frustrations
we all encounter.

I would recommend this book to any parent
who either wants a good laugh about marriage and parenthood
or needs to know that they are not alone
in their struggles of taking care of children.

Unfortunately,
I missed the discussion about this book
at my book club
but I spoke with a few people who liked it too.

This book also meets my "requirements"
for a good beach read
according to my list of Beach Reading Tips!


Have you read any funny books lately?

Linking to:
At the Picket Fence-Inspiration Friday

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, thanks! A parody on stay-at-home life sounds right up my ally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation - I am always looking for a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Stopped by to say hello and to ask about your fur-baby!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to read, so I'll be looking for this book. I just got done reading a fantastic book called "A Discovery of Witches". It's a romance between a witch and a vampire!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to get back to you in a timely manner through email. If I cannot reach you, I will reply in the comment section above. Thanks for stopping by!