May 4, 2012

It's Five O'Clock Somewhere...

The first Friday in May
seemed like an appropriate day
to start trying out some Caribbean-inspired drinks!

Here is a recipe I found on
Caribbean Travel and Life
for the
Painkiller Cocktail
Photo and recipe from:
www.caribbeantravelmag.com

2 oz. dark rum
1 1/2 oz. orange juice
4 oz. pineapple juice
1 oz. Coco Lopez
orange or pineapple slice with a cherry for garnish

Mix the juices and Coco Lopez.
Pour over ice.
Add rum and top with grated nutmeg.
Garnish with orange or pineapple and cherry.
Enjoy!

I haven't tried this one yet.
But it does look delicious!
I am actually going to a Wine Tasting tonight
so this recipe will have to be saved for another day.

Let me know how you like
 it if you give it a try.

Are you trying any new drinks this weekend?
Or are you going to just stick with the Mint Juleps
for the Kentucky Derby?

Cheers!

Linking to:
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating - Flaunt It Friday

5 comments:

  1. It's only 8 a.m. here, but, boy, does that look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so looking forward to my first summer cocktail!! It's so cold here... that right now I feel more like taking a hot bath. lol. Happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure could go for one of these right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds much tastier than a mint julep to me!
    Will have to try this one out for sure!
    xox
    A

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds delish, I might enjoy it more if I were actually in the Carribean! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to get back to you in a timely manner through email. If I cannot reach you, I will reply in the comment section above. Thanks for stopping by!