December 19, 2011

Red Rack

The baker's rack in my kitchen
is always the perfect spot to
decorate for the holidays.
(I always complain that I end up taking pictures on cloudy days
but now the sun glare is causing problems!)


Every year I move decorations around the house
to keep things fresh year to year.

This year by the time I got to my baker's rack
I was running out of things.
The little wreaths in the back are from Ballard last year.
I bought six and meant to hang them
on the back of my dining room chairs.
But there were a little smaller than I wanted.




I still had some cranberries in the fridge
to fill a few hurricanes.
I wasn't sure about the plate though.

So I brought in my red vase.

Version 1 (with plate)

Version 2 (with vase)

I know, not that much of a difference
but I always have to change something!

I wanted to put in some nutcrackers.
I swear I had a couple last year
but I cannot find them anywhere!

But I think I found enough red
to scream Christmas in the kitchen.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, your baker's rack looks so festive and pretty! I love how you've decked her out with Christmas!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! So Christmasy! Either the plate or the vase - both cheerful and festive! Hope you are enjoying this hectic week, Shelley. Merry Christmas to you and your family!! -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, Always nice to have a go to spot for decorations. Thanks for sharing, liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shelley! I vote for the red vase! I think it really makes your baker's rack "pop"! I love the color red, and it's looking especially great in your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to get back to you in a timely manner through email. If I cannot reach you, I will reply in the comment section above. Thanks for stopping by!