December 2, 2011

A Few Vignettes

Each day I pull out a few more Christmas decorations.

At this rate, everything should be up in time
to take it all down.
Here is a new Santa I added on top
of the china cabinet.
(On sale at Michaels)

I wanted to keep some white up there
to pick up the white from my shelves.

All I did was add some greenery
and I switched the plant I had up there
for Santa.

Before:
Springy

After:
Christmasy

In the kitchen,
I hung my Christmas plates in the racks.

And in the living room,
I added some Christmas pieces
to the coffee table.
The greenery is from my front yard.
The cranberries were left over from Thanksgiving.
Hopefully they won't rot in there.


I just love this reindeer.
It was really cheap at Michael's
and reminds me of a Pottery Barn one
that I meant to buy last year!

The star basket is from Pier One last year.






As you can see,
I have my garland on the stairs in the distance.
I will show you the foyer
once I finish with the table in there.

I hope to finish up this weekend
but who knows with all the kids' activities we have!

Just imagine how even more crazy it will be
when that puppy arrives in February!

8 comments:

  1. I do the same thing. I will be just about finished by New Years Day! LOL. Your house looks fabulous! Love all your decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good and so true that when we get through decorating it will be time to take it all down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home looks so pretty and I love all your vignettes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home is looking beautiful already. You could stop now and it would be fine but you are probably like me and always see one more place that needs a little something Christmasy. I noticed that you still have those nice chairs in the spot where the other sofa was. It still looks great! I like the rug, too. Have a good weekend!----- Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shelley! All your decorations are great! I have to say, however, I am feeling a bit stressed after seeing yours since I haven't even started decorating yet! Oh boy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the color theme of your living room, very pretty!! And the reindeer is still cute!

    Have a nice Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's the perfect spot for your new Santa! Love how you showed us spring, you made it look so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks so pretty, Shelley. I especially love those Christmas tree plates and the star-shaped basket. Your home looks cozy and festive. Have a great week!

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to get back to you in a timely manner through email. If I cannot reach you, I will reply in the comment section above. Thanks for stopping by!