November 17, 2011

A Country Thanksgiving for Four

We host Thanksgiving at our house every year.
Since we have a lot of family in the area,
we usually end up with 20 - 25 guests.

Not exactly easy to set the table for that many people!

We end up using extensions, card tables added to the end extra (mismatched) chairs and of course the kitchen table for the kids.  So needless to say, my Thanksgiving table never turns out to be the table of my dreams.  So today I imagined that there were just four of us for dinner.

Here is one scenario of what the table could look like...
Sunflower arrangement for centerpiece - Thanksgiving Table Setting
I love sunflowers for fall!

Thanksgiving for Four in the Dining Room
I pulled the head chairs away
but if I were really doing the table for four,
I think I would take the leaf out instead.

Thanksgiving Table Setting


Thanksgiving place setting
The napkins were from Pottery Barn this year.
I think I got them on sale and could only get four,
hence the four place settings.

Thanksgiving Table with faux white pumpkins
I used white pumpkins everywhere this year.
I had planned to modge-podge them but never really got around to it.

Thanksgiving Table with golden damask runner
The runner is also from Pottery Barn last year.
You might notice it is a little wrinkled in spots...ooops.
In my dream-world I do not iron.
Actually, I kind of shrunk it in the wash.

Oh and yes, after I put everything away
 and looked at my pictures
 I realized my placemats overlap the table runner.
 This "dream" has turned into a nightmare!  LOL!  Oh well!

Thanksgiving table with pine cones and amber glasses
These wine glasses are from Southern Living at Home
several years ago.
I like to use them in fall tablescapes.

Thanksgiving Table in Red Dining Room
Yes, once again I decided to take my pictures
on a cloudy day.
Will I ever learn?

Table for Four - Thanksgiving in the country
Thanks for stopping by my table for four.

A Country Thanksgiving Table Setting - Ideas to make your table warm and inviting for the holiday.


How many people do you have for Thanksgiving?

Linking to:

21 comments:

  1. A very festive Thanksgiving table... love the colors!! ...and the napkins!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty even if it is only imaginary. Pretty dining room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing your pretty imaginary Thanksgiving table! :) Your dining room is so beautiful!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, I love the centerpiece! Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi from a former Jersey Girl. Your Dining Room is lovely, very classic. I used to have 20 people for Thanksgiving and this year I will only have 4 (since we moved). I'd trade the big crowd for my beautiful, uncluttered table every time! You set a great table, flaws and all!

    Robin
    Robin Flies South

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your table...looks lovely! Those white pumpkins are so versatile.

    Wishing you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving from my family!

    PS: Check out my 1st ever giveaway: http://coastalpines.blogspot.com/2011/11/my-first-time-anthropologie-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so lovely and I have an almost identical runner on my dining room table right now! I think it will be just as beautiful all filled up with your loved ones too. :-) Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Inspiration Friday this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Thanksgiving table for four is beautiful. Is that checked drapes I see in the back ground????
    Your very fortunate to spend the holidays surrounded by so many that love you. Happy Thanksgiving from Mississippi :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning table setting!
    I really love sunflowers. You have a great imagination ;)
    Rosemary...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those amber glasses! Lovely job on your for four tablescape!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect!!!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    Linda
    Sand and Sea

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your dining table setting is absolutely beautiful. Love, love your diningroom and the checked curtains. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are hosting about 25 again this year per usual. I know what you mean about having a hard time setting the table of your dreams that everyone can comfortably sit at together. I end up always having to break it up into 10s and 12s. Oh, well...at least we're eating! :-) Glad you set a dream table for yourself. We need that every once in awhile. The goblets from Southern Living at Home are beautiful. I remember when I first found out about them. I was so excited!!! They had a little thing going on at the local Dillard's or Nordstrom's or one of those stores, and my friend and I hightailed it down there to see all the pretty things. Ended up spending a small fortune. Love your PB napkins. Sorry you could only find 4, but who knows...maybe a few more will pop into your life! I hope you have a happy and safe Thanksgiving week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Thanksgiving table! What a great job! Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. A very pretty table -- and I like sitting two by two! I often do that in the dining room.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so cute! I find myself pointing out all the flaws in my tablescapes, too! Your dream table setting for four is just lovely. I love those napkins, and the basket of sunflowers is a perfect centerpiece. I'm sure your guests will love your "real" table, too!

    Elaine (former Jersey girl)
    Creating Wonderful Spaces

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your tablescape, it is really beautiful. The runner is such a pretty color and the pumpkins are perfect in the centerpiece. Great tablesettings. Thanks so much for joining TTT and I hope you have a very Blessed Thanksgiving. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Shelley! What is the silverware place setting used in these pictures? I love it! Thanks, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's International Silver - Joan of Arc.

      Delete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to get back to you in a timely manner through email. If I cannot reach you, I will reply in the comment section above. Thanks for stopping by!