October 13, 2011

Autumn Console

I said I don't go crazy with fall decor
yet lately, I seem to be pulling fall accessories out of the woodwork!
I keep finding more things tucked away in the basement
and I have to put them out!

Today I made some changes
to this corner of my family room:
What did it look like before you ask?

Well, silly me, I forgot to take a before picture of how it normally looks!  Ooops!
But this picture shows what it looked like last winter.

It stayed pretty much like this for the rest of the year
except I usually have pictures of my kids on the wall.
(But being the paranoid-mom-blogger that I am,
I don't post pictures of my kids on here!)

Here's how the bottom shelf looked then.


To add a little Pottery-barnish fall touch,
I covered the books:

And I just found the little pumpkin guy in the basement.
(He is from Wegman's last year.)
He has already made an appearance
 on my Pumpkin Quick Bread post.
And you have probably seen my Southern Living At Home lantern.
I used it recently in the Living Room
but it is normally on this table.


These containers are from Southern Living too.


Photos of Vermont always remind me of fall.

And you might think
 I move these candlesticks all over the house...
Yes, you have seen them before on my blog.
They are from Pier One.

But I swear,
I don't just move them from table to table...
See:

They are all making an appearance in one photo!

They are quite versatile,
but maybe I should find some different ones
 and get more creative!

Last time I decorated the table, I did leave them out though.
At that time, I was trying out some bright, Caribbean colors.
This is what it looked like:
Wow, I really miss the Caribbean!
But it didn't really go with the rest of the room.
I have mostly earthy colors in here.
Note to self...do something about that!

Anyway, this is what the table will look like
 until I change if for Christmas.
I only wish I waited until it was sunny to take these pictures.
Although, that won't be happening for a few days here!

Well, I am off to Pottery Barn to use a Friends and Family discount!
I can't believe they sent me one.
I guess it pays to get friendly with the sales people there!
Maybe I can find some different candlesticks!

Do you overuse something when you like it?
Do you buy the same pair of shoes in different colors?
(I have done this too!)

Have a great day everyone!

Today I am linking to:


16 comments:

  1. Delightful fall decor, love those candlesticks and the covered books.
    Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your console and fall photos look really wonderful! I am a big fan of lots of layers and candles in the fall and winter, even though they are a pain to dust around! I have the same candle holders from Pottery Barn and I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially like your fall photos. What a lovely tablescape and so welcoming! Of course I reuse, sometimes because it is something I love and sometimes because, gosh - it just goes with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well ... I redecorate/ move things around ALL the time. Neighbors always come in and say "OMG AGAIN!!" But it's fun!! stopping in to follow from the blog hop - hope you have time to visit and return the favor soon - ohh and you can enter to win a copy of my book :) www.shaunanosler.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been known to buy in multiples, too, when I like something a whole lot. Saves time and energy! BTW I think you are really smart not to post pictures of children on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful fall decoration, Shelley! Like the idea to change the photos... seasonal pics... love it!!

    BTW: I'm back from NJ... ohhh, what a wonderful time we had!!!!! Want to come back for a longer trip sooon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your decorations! Everything looks for pretty and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your fall decorating looks wonderful. How lucky you are to have a Pottery Barn coupon. I didn't think you could ever get a discount there! I'll be anxious to see what you bought!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute. I love that little table all dressed up. You are ready!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty changes. I wouldn't have thought to switch out my artwork with the seasons, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful fall decor! Love your art work! Youare so smart! Thanks for sharing,JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like how you have changed the table up for fall. I especially like how you change out the pictures too.

    xoxo Bunny Jean
    Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The fall changes are beautiful Shelley!
    Isn't it funny how blogging can make you pull things out of boxes and bins that your haven't opened in maybe even years???

    It's a good thing I think!
    Love your fall vignettes!
    xx
    A

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your fall decor, especially the pictures on the wall. I understand what you mean about using a certain item over and over. I have a pair of birds that seem to show up in many places throughout my home. Have a great weekend!
    ----Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything looks absolutely beautiful! I love the idea of switching out the photos in the frame seasonaly and you did a great job adding all of your lovely Fall touches. :-) Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Inspiration Friday this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to get back to you in a timely manner through email. If I cannot reach you, I will reply in the comment section above. Thanks for stopping by!