August 17, 2011

Columns in the Caribbean

Long before I had a blog,
I would take pictures of the architecture I would see on vacation.
I have always loved columns and stone balustrades.

They really enhance the architecture.
I love the elegant look they give the entrance to the suites at
 Point Grace Resort in Turks and Caicos.

It's a style that seems to be everywhere in the islands.

Even plain columns make walkways so inviting.

These make you want to walk thru
 and find out what is at the end.
(In this case - a spectacular brunch at the Westin in Grand Cayman!)

 I love them on balconies overlooking the ocean.

And they provide a welcoming entrance to resorts
like the Regent Palms in Turks and Caicos.

And of course my favorite building at the
Jumby Bay Resort in Antigua!

It's a style I never get tired of seeing.
I wonder why my house doesn't have any!

Do you have any columns or balustrades in your home?






5 comments:

  1. Wow Shelley, looks like you've traveled to some pretty amazing places! I've always wanted to go to Antigua - I heard it's beautiful there. I take pictures of architecture when I'm on vacation too - so glad I'm not alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful collection of architectural photographs - I love columns too so really appreciate each and every one you shared today.

    Hope you're enjoying the week :O)

    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shelly; Such beautiful photos... ahhh yes, it would be nice to go there someday. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting recently. See you again soon!

    Michelle
    www.newengland-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Antiqua! I have always wanted to go there. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of lovely places there and the architecture is really nice. Great shots! Thanks for adding your link to Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to get back to you in a timely manner through email. If I cannot reach you, I will reply in the comment section above. Thanks for stopping by!