April 13, 2011

New Lamp Shades

I keep looking for excuses
to avoid finishing my bathroom vanity painting project.

My latest excuse...
I need new lampshades in my bedroom!

BEFORE:
These just bore me.  
And they get lost against the linen white wall.

I thought about buying some fabic and covering my own,
but my diy projects aren't very successful these days....

Then I found these cute damask ones from Pottery Barn!

AFTER: 
They stand out much better,
yet don't overpower the room

They still remain a little beachy
 because of the woven lamp base.

I replaced the 60 watt with 75 watt
 just in case my husband thinks they darken the room. 
Let's see how long it actually takes him to notice
I bought new ones! 

Ok, now back to my painting project,
I have stalled enough!


Do you ever lose momentum halfway through a project
 and then temporarily move onto something else?

Linking up to:

Thanks for hosting!

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I did a lamp makover this week too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these lampshades! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those. I have the yellow one like them. Love the blue. Thanks for joining WUW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What pretty lampshades! They look so nice in the room!

    I am constantly starting projects and then moving onto something else. I guess everything gets done eventually! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. I am always stopping and starting projects... like my stairs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It adds drama to your room. It definitely looks good on your bedside.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to get back to you in a timely manner through email. If I cannot reach you, I will reply in the comment section above. Thanks for stopping by!