March 29, 2011

The White Height

After adding my new wall ledges in the dining room,
I realized I needed some more visual height
on top of my china cabinet...
So I added these white things up there...

Now the three shelves don't overpower the china cabinet. 

Yes, that is a fake fern.
  It's all I had lying around
 but I may put a real plant in there eventually.






I gotta rearrange the inside of the cabinet one of these days...
A little too cluttered, don't ya think!


So what do you think?
Did adding white on top help?
Or am I just fooling myself?
Maybe what I really need to do is
 move the 3 shelves down a bit and maybe a little closer together?
Be honest, I won't cry - well, maybe I will...just a little.

Linking up to:
Thank you all for hosting!





10 comments:

  1. I think it all looks great as is! I love the white, and I love the height. I don't think you should change a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny about the fern! I love yours and all of your pretty whites. Beautiful Dining Room!!!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it looks wonderful. Goes so well with the shelves and their display. I love your dining room. Beautiful. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks great as is!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a lovely dining room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous dining room...love the colour with the white ceiling and cornice...you have a beautiful blog...am off to look further with my coffee in hand! I'm your newest follower.
    Shel from South Africa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great! I love, love your chandy! Oh my! It's to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job accessorizing the shelves! I wouldn't change where they're placed at all! I think it looks great there. And I love the chandelier!! The collection of white above the china cabinet looks great- I would have never known that was a fake fern!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely vignette atop the china cabinet. Gorgeous chandelier.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it looks great!! Love the white and you did such a nice job with the arrangement. Thank you for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to get back to you in a timely manner through email. If I cannot reach you, I will reply in the comment section above. Thanks for stopping by!