February 7, 2011

Rugs Rugs Rugs

It's that time of year when I want to change some things in my house...

I have had all my area rugs for awhile.

This one is in my entry.

Here are some shots of the one in the living room.

It has a medallion in the middle so I had to make sure it was centered properly.

Here is the full view.

This one is in my back hall.

My bedroom rug over rug...
I may end up removing this one if I make some changes in the bedroom.

It would look so much better if I had hardwood floors in here.

And I love this baby from Ballard Designs!

Yes, two kids (and a messy husband) eat at this table everyday. 
I challenge you to find a crumb hidden under there!
  It hides things well AND is very easy to clean...
(It's the Seagrove- Indoor Outdoor Rug from Ballard Designs.)

The dining room is another story...

As you can see, the fringe on this rug ALWAYS looks messy. 

In fact, I have never really loved the rug.

In fact, I don't even know if I want a red dining room anymore.

I feel this way every year once I am done with the holidays. 
The red was great for Christmas and Valentine's Day..

(Oh yeah, I will show you my little Valentine tabletop tomorrow...)

But the rest of the year...I just get tired of the red.

I think maybe I want a seagrass rug in here...

Does anyone have any seagrass experience?
I like the look of sisal too
but I read somewhere that seagrass is easier to clean.
What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Shelley

    I love your living room! So light and airy. We also have french door and similar wall colour in our living room. All your rugs are beautiful and unique. We don't have a seagrass rug but we bought a jute rug from Pier1 about 4 years ago. It's very easy to clean and we really like it. It has a similar border like the ones you found at pottery barn. The only thing, jute is not soft like your other rugs. I'm not sure what's the texture of seagrass rugs, but I can imagine it's similar to jute.
    Kinga

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to get back to you in a timely manner through email. If I cannot reach you, I will reply in the comment section above. Thanks for stopping by!