January 1, 2011

2010 Bloopers

In the short time since I started blogging in November of 2010, I was able to come up with two bloopers!  I'm not sure if that is good or bad!  Anyway, I guess I am joining the Blooper Party at Between Naps on The Porch.  Thank you Susan for hosting!

One blooper happened in  "A Caribbean Christmas Tablescape".  The original candle in the vase wouldn't light because the wick was too deep.  I tried to dig it out with a knife and didn't realize I left the knife on the table when I took the pictures!



Here - I cropped the picture so you can see it better!
In addition, I used a flash which I have learned from you guys- NEVER looks good!

Luckily, I reshot the table anyway because I wanted to see what it would look like without the beach sarong centerpiece.  I ended up using both table settings in my post since; besides the knife, I was happy with both settings.  I was able to joke about it so it worked out ok I guess!

The other blooper took place when I misquoted Susan (Yes, Between Naps on the Porch - Susan), when I was writing my "What Exit" post.  I mentioned in the first paragraph how I received a nice comment from Susan about the state of New Jersey getting a bad wrap.  After I published my post, (and several people had read it), I realized that it was not SUSAN who commented on my "Some Firsts" post but it was STACY from Red Door Home!  Needless to say I quickly went back and changed it but I felt very foolish  - especially since I am so paranoid about misquoting people!  Sorry Stacy and Susan!

Thanks again for hosting this party SUSAN!

Happy New Year Everyone!


9 comments:

  1. I love the knife on the table. I have done that before. It is very funny when someone else does it!
    Happy New Year.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just learned about the flash no no, too. Ah well...
    happy New Year.
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed the knife, but at first thought it was part of the tablescape...something fun & decorative. :-) Happy new Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to share in the bloopers! I am going to be sure to visit all of them! We often laugh that we love blogging because we don't have to show the bloopers, but I am going to definitely save them for next year! I have taken so many photos with something still in it and now I am seeing more quickly! Fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love the knife on the table.. perfect. A great inaugural event. I've had to retake whole photo shoots cause I had no silver, or no glasses, or no napkins or Regan had re-arranged the silver. Happy 2011!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I usually leave price tags on things, and my son emails me and says I have commitment issues , that I leave the tags on so I can return it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too funny!!! I have tons of those bloopers too:)
    Owell...I guess it's what makes us all real!
    Happy New year to you~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. I'll be featuring island craft and recipes too soon. Keep tuning in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, these are so fun and real! Makes me feel normal. :-) I realized, after the fact, that my Christmas tablescape did not include ANY silverware. I was super sick and tired and just did not notice. HA! Makes a knife on the table look good.

    I don't think it matters how long you blog--everyone makes mistakes. Have a great day and thanks for your comments!!
    abby

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to get back to you in a timely manner through email. If I cannot reach you, I will reply in the comment section above. Thanks for stopping by!