I love all the natural tones in this living area, the lantern, the touches of animal prints... so much light too. I think I would miss the sailboat race because I would just want to hang out in the villa!
Amazing view from one of the many bedrooms!
You could probably just sit on this balcony and watch the race from here!
Or if I wanted to tone it down just a little, I might stay in this hotel...
Actually, I did stay there on my second trip to Barbados about 15 years ago and absolutely loved it! This is how the hotel looked then:
This was the view of our balcony.
All the rooms overlook the beach!
Here is a pretty little courtyard area.
Not only did I love the hotel, but I learned to waterski on that trip...
Look at that form!
I ate in some incredible restaurants like The Cliff . Yes, this place is still one of the hottest restaurants. It was amazing!
Check out this beach on the west side.
Bottom's Bay was one of the most picturesque beaches on the island!
Even with my old "film" camera, I was able to capture the beauty of it! Since it was a little rough for swimming, we were just about the only people there. Great place to just relax, read, have a picnic...
Barbados is awesome. I have been there twice and after looking into again, I definitely want to go back. You can read about my first vacation in Barbados HERE.
So anyway... back to the Sailing Race...I wonder who won?
Thank you to Kinga from Blueloom for awarding the Stylish Blogger Award to Calypso In The Country! Please go check out Kinga's blog. She has some wonderful ideas and beautiful photos!
I must say that I am honored and will do my best to keep my posts interesting! (The pressure is on!)
The rules of the award are:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 10 great bloggers.
4. Contact those bloggers and tell them about the award.
7 Things About Myself:
1. I love Keith Urban! For most of my life I hated country music and then about 6 or 7 years ago I discovered Keith Urban and my music tastes really turned a corner! I have seen him in concert 2 times so far and I must say those were a couple of the best concerts I have ever seen! Not only do I love his music but he has such a sensitive, charming personality that you just can't help but love the guy! (Did you happen to catch him on Oprah?!!!) Now I have become a fan of other country artists such as Kenny Chesney, Trace Adkins, Brad Paisley, Lady Antebellum, Zac Brown Band...
Here we are, hanging out together...
Yes, I wish this cardboard figure of him was the real deal!
How cute is he?!!!
2. I hate mayonnaise! I even gag when I am making my son a sandwich with mayo. (No picture here...I might throw up!)
3. When I was young, I wanted to be an architect. I used to draw house floor plans in pages and pages of notebooks. Then somewhere along in life I realized that a lot of math was involved in that profession and I got scared away....Ironically, I ended up getting a business degree and a job in finance!
4. I am terrified of food poisoning. I always overcook chicken (on purpose) and if I happen to open a can of something, I lean down to hear the little pop so I know it was sealed properly. If I don't hear it, I will throw it out. My sister knew someone growing up who got botulism from canned spinach and since then I have had this fear.
5. I love The Bachelor and Bachelorette shows. Yes, I am quite embarrassed to admit this rediculous fact but I have never missed an episode. I don't know what it is about them but I just find them so entertaining! Oh and by the way, Brad (the current Bachelor) will be going to Anguilla in the upcoming episodes! Watch it and see why I just LOVE that island!
6. I am a great judge of character. For some reason I can read people really well and I am rarely wrong with my first impressions. (Well unless you count some of the idiots I dated when I was younger!)
7. We don't have any pets...oh except a hermet crab! I grew up with cats and a dog and would love another pet. My kids really want a dog so we are looking into Wheaten Terriers and Polish Lowland Sheepdogs. I like that whole shaggy dog look and those two are not known to shed much. I will let you know if and when we finally get one.
8. I am actually pretty funny but I can't tell a joke to save my life! I end up saying, "Oh wait..I mean...first this happened"...etc...I end up laughing at myself and totally messing it up! I am funnier when I just make comments or observations...you know like Seinfeld! Ha Ha - I wish! I am a HUGE fan of his!
Ok, so I just realized I was supposed to list 7 and I listed 8, oh well. I guess I was on a roll...
And now I would like to award 10 great bloggers (in no particular order)
I have chosen these blogs to give you a mixture of Jersey girls, Coastal/Beach blogs and Country Cottage - which I guess is the combination that I am shooting for in my blog. Please check them out - Enjoy!
And thank you once again to Blueloom! You are awesome!
Recently, after watching an episode of the Nate Berkus Show, I started to feel guilty about all the de-cluttering projects I have in the house. So I decided to tackle one at a time. I started with my spice cabinet.
I know it's just one small step, but I threw out all the old spices and lined up the rest on little risers. And thanks to Nate's show, I didn't feel the need to make it perfect. I didn't bother putting the spices in alphabetical order like I attempted in the past. I just made everything neat, clean and easy to reach.
Unfortunately, I have more de-cluttering to do in my house...
Welcome to my most used junk drawer. Unfortunately, all I have done so far is open the drawer, take a picture, close the drawer and walk away. Just too much to deal with right now.
But then today I came across Cristin's post at Simplified Bee and I got motivated again to tackle this drawer (and many others like it). She has some great ideas for organizing as well as making it look pretty. Go check out her great blog!
I would read any book with mangoes in the title but I can honestly tell you I LOVE this book! And if you didn't love the Caribbean before, you will after reading this book! Follow along with a husband and wife's sailing journey through the islands. I swear, you will feel like you are right there with them. It will also inspire you to travel and get to really know the Caribbean and the people who live there.
8. Tropical plants and flowers in your house.
9. Natural textures like seagrass, sisal, wicker...
And adding some white sheer panels doesn't hurt either!
(Bedroom in Point Grace, Turks and Caicos)
10. Shells, shells and more shells...(even my name is Shell!)
You can always find ways to display shells.
My list could go on and on but I thought I would narrow it down to 10.
What ways have you brought the islands into your life?