December 15, 2010

Dreaming of a Pink Christmas


As I mentioned in my previous post,
I could use some more pink in my house...

It all started when I found these lime green houndstooth place mats
 on sale at Pier One...
They look a little sage-y in this picture
 but they are actually more lime green...

Anyway, I was going to save them for spring and use them on the deck.  But then I thought, wait a minute, these would look great with a hot pink scarf from my closet.  I love pink and green together.  And if I added some sparkly ornaments, I could actually make pink work for Christmas.


Since the downstairs rooms in my house are warmer colors,
I had a hard time figuring out where to "stage" my little card table.


I like the look of the white french doors in the background so I placed the table in the conservatory leading into the living room.  The walls are green (not lime) but it seemed like a good place.  It was also sunny in there that morning so I was able to get some natural light.  Just ignore the fact that I have no chairs set up at my little prop of a table!
My plates are not as white as the napkins,
 but hey, you work with what you have!

Just a few glass ornaments and some sparkle
to tie the colors together...

So, what do you think?  Is it Christmasy enough?


Sources:

Placemats - Pier One
White tablecloth - Williams Sonoma (many years ago)
Hot Pink Scarf - New York and Co (year or two ago)
Plates - Mikasa Italian Countryside
Flatwear - Crate and Barrel (discontinued Roseanne pattern by Retroneu)
Napkins - Williams Sonoma (many years ago)
Glass hurricanes - Michael's
Ornaments and silver poinsettas - Michael's
Candlesticks - Tiffany and Co (wedding gift 12 years ago)



11 comments:

  1. What a fun table! The placemats are so cute, and I love how you have paired everything together with such cheerful ornaments! Very pretty!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love the bright colors. They seem to be quite Christmasy lately. It looks so very cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I am your newest follower and I just love your table setting. The colors are beautiful and the setting is so intimate, thank you for sharing and have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so much fun! We're already had 3 snowstorms here and it's not even officially winter yet, so these bright punches of color are working for me today! :-) I like how you added the poinsetta to the napking too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your entire tabletop makes me feel very merry and bright!

    Seasons greetings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is completely adorable! I love how you've built such a fun table around those placemats -- adding the bright ornaments definitely makes it Christmas-y!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fantastic! I love it. Now you have mr thinking how I can get more pink in here for spring. Hmmm.
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful non-traditional Christmas table -- I love pink and green - you could make this work for any time of year. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! Love this color combo.

    Thanks too for being my 900th follower... made my day!

    xo,
    cristin

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do like your pink and green non-traditional Christmas table!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a marvelous take on Christmas....you can NEVER go wrong with pink and green...any time of the year. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and try my best to get back to you in a timely manner through email. If I cannot reach you, I will reply in the comment section above. Thanks for stopping by!